Basics for glazing
Glazing refers to the installation or replacement of glasspanes in windows, doors, skylights or other architectural features. It is an important element in building construction as it provides natural lighting, insulation, and enhances the building’s aesthetics.
Here are some common types of glazing:
- Single glazing – single pane of glass used in older construction
- Double glazing – two panes of glass with a sealed airspace in between, providing better thermal insulation
- Triple glazing – three panes of glass with two sealed airspaces
- Low-e glazing – a type of glazing with a low-emissivity coating that helps reflect and retain heat inside a building
- Tinted glazing – a type of glazing with a tinted coating that reduces sunlight and glare from entering the building
- Tempered glass – a type of glass that is heat-treated to increase its strength and safety, commonly used in shower doors and railings
These are just a few examples of glazing terminology and options. There are many other types and variations available for different applications and purposes.
Auckland glass repairs? Auckland glass replacement? Auckland mirror installation? call us: 0800-00-GLASS, 0800-00-Mirror, or email:[email protected]
Note:Total Glass and Mirror is your reliable glazing company which has been in the market since 1996, we used to be called Anytime Glass