Glass plays a crucial role in the construction and aesthetics of buildings. It allows natural light to enter the building and provides a clear view of the surroundings. However, glass can also be fragile and prone to damage. When it breaks or cracks, it is essential to replace it as soon as possible to maintain the safety and functionality of the building. In this blog, we will discuss glass replacement and the cost in New Zealand.
Types of Glass Replacement
There are several types of glass replacement, including:
- Full glass replacement: This involves replacing the entire window or door with a new piece of glass. This is necessary when the damage is extensive, or the existing frame is beyond repair.
- Partial glass replacement: This involves replacing only the damaged portion of the glass. This is a cost-effective option when the damage is limited to a small area.
- Double glazing: This involves installing an additional layer of glass in the window frame, separated by a sealed air gap. Double glazing improves insulation, reduces noise, and increases energy efficiency.
Cost of Glass Replacement in New Zealand
The cost of glass replacement in New Zealand depends on several factors, including the size and type of glass, the complexity of the installation, and the location of the building. Here are some rough estimates of the cost of glass replacement in New Zealand:
- Single glazed glass replacement: $100-$950 per square meter +GST + Labour costs + Travel costs, depends on the glass type, thickness, toughened or annealed, special patterns, wired or just simple clear annealed, etc.
- Double-glazed glass replacement: $200-$1600 per square meter+GST + Labour costs+Travel costs, subject to the type of both side glass panes, thickness of glass and bars, air, nitrogen or argon gas fill, glass toughened or annealed, colored or low iron, etc.
- Partial glass replacement: $50-$500 per square meter+GST+Labour costs + Travel costs. However, a minimum charges applies to a small job, depends on travel distance, job complicity, etc.
It is essential to get quotes from multiple glass replacement companies to ensure you are getting the best price for the job.
Tips for Choosing a Glass Replacement Company
When choosing a glass replacement company in New Zealand, consider the following factors:
- Experience: Look for a company with a record of successful glass replacements.
- Quality of materials: Choose a company that uses high-quality glass and frames to ensure the longevity and durability of the replacement.
- Customer service: Look for a company that is responsive and provides excellent customer service.
- Warranty: Most of the glass wares in a residential house or commercial building such as windows are under insurance coverage. Only case for a company that offers a warranty on their glazing work is new project or new installed products. For new installation jobs, most of glass companies give you 6 months warranty of the product itself if it is due to their glass quality or a installation not meeting NZ standard, such as an entrance door glass without using safety glass. However, there are a lot of existing entrance doors in NZ using annealed glass panes, and some customers have noticed of the new building Act and NZ standard, but they insist to use the cheaper annealed glass panes for their doors glass panes, under this situation, we always suggest them to use the safety glass to abide by the law.
In conclusion, glass replacement is an important aspect of building maintenance in New Zealand. It is essential to choose a reputable company that uses high-quality materials and provides excellent customer service. Considering the abovementioned factors, you can find a reliable glass replacement company that meets your needs and budget. Call us at 09-5769060, 0800 00 GLASS, or visit our website:https://tgm.net.nz, or email us:[email protected] for your free quote.