Why do people like glass splashbacks in their kitchens?
Glass splashbacks are a great kitchen addition because they are easy to clean and provide a sleek, modern look. Splashbacks also protect your walls from splashes and stains, making them a great choice for busy families.
The different types of glass splashbacks available
You have many options when it comes to choosing glass splashbacks. Here are some of the different types that are available:
1. Painted Glass Splashbacks – These are available in a wide range of colours, so you can easily find one to match your kitchen’s décor. They’re also very easy to keep clean.
2. Mirrored Glass Splashbacks – Mirrored glass splashbacks add a touch of elegance to any kitchen. They’re also great for small kitchens, as they help to reflect light and make the space appear bigger.
3. Frosted Glass Splashbacks – Frosted glass splashbacks provide a more subtle look than other types of glass splashbacks. They’re perfect for those who want to add a bit of modern design and tidy feel to the cooking place.
How to choose the right size and shape for your splashback
When you are considering a glass splashback for your kitchen, there are a few factors to keep in mind. The size and shape of your splashback should be based on the size and layout of your kitchen. If you have a smaller kitchen, you may want to consider a rectangular or square splashback. If you have a larger kitchen, you may want to consider an L-shaped or U-shaped splashback.
The colour of your splashback should complement the colours in your kitchen. If you have a neutral-coloured kitchen, you may want to consider a brightly coloured splashback to add some personality to the space. If you have a dark-coloured kitchen, you may want to consider a light-coloured splashback to brighten up the space.
The material of your splashback should also be considered. The most common material is glass, which is easy to clean and will not absorb odours. Ceramic tiles are also a good option for a splashback as they are durable and easy to clean on tile surface, but if you use the small pieces of tiles to join together for a whole splashback wall, the tile seams are normally quite hard to clean after a while usage since the grease absorbed into seams.
How to install a glass splashback
Installing a glass splashback is a great way to update your kitchen. Here are some tips on how to install a glass splashback:
1. Choose the right size and shape for your kitchen. Glass splashbacks come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it’s important to measure your space and choose the right size for your kitchen.
2. Mark the area where you’ll be installing the glass splashback. It’s important to make sure the area is level before you begin the installation.
3. Begin by attaching the adhesive strips to the back of the glass splashback. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results.
4. Place the glass splashback into position and press it firmly against the wall. Use a level to check that it is installed correctly.
5. If there are powerpoints cutouts on area for splashbacks, please contact your local glazier or glass company such as Total Glass and Mirror in Auckland to install for you to avoid problems.
Contact glazing specialists to customize your splashback solution
Your splashback is one of the most important design elements in your kitchen. It’s both a functional and aesthetic element that can make or break the look of your space. So it’s important to choose carefully!
Custom splashbacks are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer homeowners the opportunity to really personalize their space. A good glazing specialist will be able to work with you to create a design that perfectly suits your needs and compliments your kitchen’s overall style.
So if you’re looking for something truly unique, don’t hesitate to contact Channel Glasses & Mirror about customizing your splashback!